Tempus fugit

I went past the LSE last Thursday. Nothing particularly special, except that it was election night in the Students' Union. It was the first SU election since 2001 for which I did not attend the count. It was very strange going past - I would have liked to have attended, but I couldn't. Beyond that, I'm not sure I wanted to. We must move on and, even though we may try, we can't recapture the past. When a little more time has passed, I will go back to help with the count, but when there are less people around who remember me.

My congratulations to all those who won their elections and commiserations to those who lost, particularly those who lost Sabb races. They are physically and mentally draining, but the emotional exhaustion when you lose is unpleasant. When I narrowly lost Education & Welfare in my last year, I was in tears. You do look back, though, and remember the good things about it.

xD.

 

Links to this post:

 


Click here for my Blogger profile


Use OpenOffice.org

Ubuntu - linux for human beings

Firefox 2

Add to Technorati Favorites

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered by Blogger

Click here to find out why.

  • Atom RSS Feed
 

recent posts

 

friends' blogs

 

political blogs

 

blogs i like

 

photography blogs

 

links

 

political tools

 

archives

 

sadly gone